1830 Census Marion District, South Carolina, by Marvin A. Grant, Jr.
> Marion Co., SC and area
A complete transcription of the 1830 census for Marion District South
Carolina. This census listed the name of each head of household in the
county and further enumerated each family by categories:
- Free White Males aged under 5, 5-9, 10-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39,
40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80-89, 90-99, 100 and up
- Free White Females aged under 5, aged 5-9, 10-14, 15-19, 20-29,
30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80-89, 90-99, 100 and up
- Free Colored Males aged under 10, 10-23, 24-35, 36-54, 55-99,
100 and up
- Free Colored Females aged under 10, 10-23, 24-35, 36-54, 55-99,
100 and up
- Male Slaves aged under 10, 10-23, 24-35, 36-54, 55-99, 100 and
- Female Slaves aged under 10, 10-23, 24-35, 36-54, 55-99, 100 and
Marion District was formed in 1798, effective 1800, so this was the
fourth census taken for Marion. In 1830 Marion covered a much larger
area than today including all of the present day Marion County and
Dillon County and about half of present day Florence County.
- Full transcription from the original 1830 census records.
- A map showing Marion District as of 1830 showing major waterways
- Full name index
- Edition: Third (16 Jul 2004),
originally published 2004.
- Binding: Coil Bound (Plastic Coated Metal Coils.)
- Pages: 122
- Size: 8.5 x 11 in.
- Library of Congress Control Number: 2008270960
Click here to find this book in a library near you.
(Note, if your local library doesn't have a copy and you think
they'd benefit from it, please buy them one!)
To Order Online (Printed or Download):
You may order from the publisher and pay via Credit Card, Debit Card
or PayPal. They do not accept cash, check or money orders. Click below
to order online or to preview the book.
Printed Book, $16.00
E-Book (PDF), $7.00
To Order via Snail-Mail
(Printed Edition only):
If you wish to pay by check or money order you must
order it from me via snail-mail. Send
$20.00 to me at: Marty Grant, 3291 Alton Phillips Road,
Kinston, NC 28504. The price for snail-mail orders includes shipping and
handling. Once your check has cleared I will order the book for you and
have it shipped to your address.
Allow 2-3 weeks for delivery.